Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Turn Your Eyes

Turn your eyes upon Jesus
Look full in His wonderful face
Then the things of this earth will grow strangely dim
In the light of His glory and grace.

I was sitting in my bath tub yesterday afternoon trying to get relief for my joints. Fear was starting to creep back in as I started wondering about this AP treatment. I'm slowly each day returning to my pre pred and metho pain. As I was contemplating that, the Lord dropped this song into my heart. I started to sing it to myself. Three hours later as I was driving to a bible study, I was listening to SonLife Radio. I suddenly became aware that a woman was singing this very song. It touched my spirit so, that I cried until I got to the church parking lot. I sat in my car and cried the whole time that song was being sung. I cried hard. Jesus spoke to me in the bath tub through this song. He was telling me to focus on Him and not my circumstances. I was not living it one day at a time. I was starting to worry about tomorrow. His word tells us not to be anxious. It also tells us not to worry about tomorrow because today's troubles are sufficient. He used the song to tell me that. Then He confirmed it with the same song on the radio. I was once again reminded that He is with me every step of this walk. He cares that I hurt. He encouraged me more than you can know. I cried because I was so overcome by His love for me. He loves me so much that He found a way to speak to my spirit His love and encouragement. He loves me so much He doesn't want me getting on the wrong path of doubt. What a personal God I have. I'm focused again. I may hurt, but my spirit is light. I know that He led me to AP and everything I'm going through is normal and not permanent. I just needed some reassurance. I just wanted to share that.

5 comments:

  1. That's awesome, Jeanne. It's wonderful that you are so in tuned with God that you can see when He's speaking to you and that you find ultimate comfort in that. I am still working on handing my life over to Him. I believe, as well, that he has put me on a path to a better way. My biggest challenge is letting go of those reigns, but I'm working on it.
    We do have to be careful not to get ahead of ourselves because if we let our minds try to tell us what our future will be, it's daunting. Our mind only knows the pain and fear and it will paint permanent illusions of it if we let it. We have to push past that and you did today. Hoping you feel better soon and stay strong :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your right on about "letting go of those reins". We all struggle with it sometime in our lives. My surrender didn't come over night. I have given the reins and taken them back over the years. I finally asked myself why I kept putting myself through that. Myself didn't have a good answer. So RA has made me re-examine my faith in Jesus and His promises. It is a good thing I am most grateful for. Although the adjustments have been difficult, I still wouldn't have been able to cope without Him. Now that I have given all over to Him there is more peace. I agree that He is giving you the wisdom to know how to treat your RA. So see, you're already doing what He suggests. :) Thanks for taking the time to read the post. Of all the things I do to try and treat the RA, Jesus is the best and most effective course there is. I feel good..na na na na na na na, like I knew that I would, na na na na na na na, so good..uh uh, so good uh uh , I feel good uh uh uh uh ....ow!!!!!! (obviously music moves me;D) )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog tonight through Leslie's. How are you doing? I see you haven't posted in a while. I too am in TX, battling RA, love the Lord and am blogging through my struggle with RA and whether or not to take med.s. Diagnosed a year ago, with symptoms surfacing about two years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jeanne! Wanted to let you know you won a blog award! Hope you start to feel better soon! I'll be praying for you.

    Michelle
    http://thelifeandtimesofagirlwithra.blogspot.com/2010/07/i-win-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rheumforgod, ( I love that handle)I'm sorry I haven't gotten back before now. I appreciate you coming by to see the blog. The process of working out the pathway for healing is hard even with the Lord. Not because God isn't talking, but because silly oh me is saying, "is that really you God?" What if I'm missing it. Finally I just felt that if I pretty much have peace about it, it must be God. Then I jump in with both feet. If I don't sink, I'm pretty assured it's of God. I know the struggle and I pray you will realize your course of treatment and have peace about it.

    Where in Tx are you?

    ReplyDelete